Форум HeroesWorld-а - Показать сообщение отдельно - Новости Dark Messiah Of Might And Magic
Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 09.08.2006, 14:27
^
Создатель

Администратор
📖
hw_creator#7455
hw_creator#7455
Re: Новости Dark Messiah Of Might And Magic

Интервью Jam из Frag Dolls с разработчиками Dark Messiah:

Those who know me realise that I'm not a massive PC gamer. I dabble in PC games occasionally - my first was the original Prince of Persia in 1990, my last was PSO Blue Burst - but ultimately, I'm a console girl. It's the straight-forwardness and simplicity that I admire, and, to be honest, I've never quite forgiven my big chunk of metal ever since it told me I was a big girl for liking The Sims 2. It did, I tell you! It did!

However, what with our PC-lovin' Sarin being away teaching young whipper-snappers science, er, "stuff", it was up to me to check out the finer points of Dark Messiah of Might and Magic.

For those of you who aren't familiar with Might and Magic, it's a medieval fantasy series that's been running since the days of the Commodore 64. Dark Messiah is something of a reinvention for the brand - and a quirky little beast at that. It's an FPS - WITH NO GUNS! But don't worry, because the game ensures you have a fine selection of alternatives at your disposal. Why not take your opponent's eye out with a steel arrow, or decapitate him with a traditional long sword? Want something a bit more sneaky? Then why not cleave the support ropes of a bridge he's crossing, freeze him into a block of ice, or shrink him to the proporions of a cheap Taiwanese action-figure? With this game, the choice is yours.

The other week I was given the chance to look at the single-player and get my mits on the multi-player versions. Tucked away in a crypt in the heart of London's east end (well, Farringdon). Just as you'd expect for a game powered by a tweaked-up version of Half-Life 2's Source engine, both versions are looking pretty darn fine.

For the single-player, we're talking crazy advanced physics, interactive environments, clever melee combat, an evolving player character and four endings. For the multi-player, we're talking up to thirty-two players online, huge environments and battles, siege towers, deep game modes and five character classes.

I was also fortunate enough to spend some time talking with people from the single-player and multi-player development teams - Arkane Studios and Kuju (of the CoD2 multiplayer fame) respectively. Check out the video below to see what they had to say about the game. Dark Messiah will be coming to PC in September.

Ссылки на видео <-> https://heroesworld.ru/files.php?...n=392&last_s=0
Создатель вне форума