Форум HeroesWorld-а - Показать сообщение отдельно - Прохождение авторских карт
Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 21.04.2019, 18:40
^
RoseKavalier
📖
Re: Прохождение авторских карт

RinceIs your map going to be the most difficult and complicated map that utilizes SoD possibilities up to their limits? You've posted some screenshots on HC and they looked... weird.

I like experimenting with mapeditor, I have a lot more weird stuff than that screenshot))

Defining difficulty is not straightforward for me.
For example, I could make a fight that requires you to get 7x morale in 1 round with 7x luck and good RNG rolls. That would be incredibly low odds of winning without LMOracle... to me this is artificial difficulty.
Or killing 500 pikemen with 1 sprite, there is no more difficulty than in killing 15 ~ just carpal tunnel syndrome.
I don't like these things so I'm going another route, you will be challenged in multiple areas of the game. The style of fight will be more similar to Deeply Inundated Dungeon, at least in the beginning. Towards the end, I make no promises.

There's 3 big parts of the map, each with their own challenges.
*First is pretty much 'scripted' and linear, meaning there is a path and deadlines to follow.
*Then there is a semi-open development phase where the enemy AI is mostly static, not moving too much.
*Last phase, enemy (getting increasingly stronger as time advances) is free to move around and you have a lot of the map to cover.
I guess you could compare these phases to Metataxer's Revenge style of play.

It's going to be 99% playable with SoD; the other 1% is extra monoliths and some things coming soon™.
RoseKavalier вне форума