Форум HeroesWorld-а - Показать сообщение отдельно - Heroes 5.5 WarGame Edition - Тактическое издание
Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 29.01.2024, 18:49
^
dredknight
📖
dredknight#9852
dredknight#9852
Re: Heroes 5.5 WarGame Edition - Тактическое издание

@Nargott what do you think of balance when it comes to Destruction school compared to the other three? I am interested in your perspective.

I ask this because if one looks at the schools  by their behaviour and ignore the strength of their effect Destruction falls into the pit of being the best school (or the worst if nerfed).

Destruction spells deal their effect instantly, are reliable (you always know what they will do), their effect is permanent and affect the enemy by reducing its life force which brings you closer to success in combat.

All other spells are with traits that look less beneficial - for example:
- buffs/debuffs - temporary effect that takes time to give value, some buff/debuff effects are questionable depending on circumstances
- Conjuring summons - temporary effect that needs time to give value
- Conjuring battlefield obstacles - Arcane crystal, blade barrier, Fire mine - have questionable effect depending of circumstances.

All 3 schools - Dark, Light and Summoning are in the same league because their effect on combat is indirect and is time dependent so it can be countered. 

Destruction is instant and with direct effect so it is hard to balance as it become either overpowered or underpowered. Also it is the only school that is not dependent on the army behaviour. You just defend with your troops and spam spells.

What is your take on this? What do you agree and what you don't? If you could change anything in destruction what it would be?

dredknight вне форума