Форум HeroesWorld-а - Показать сообщение отдельно - MMH5.5 - Герои Меча и Магии 5.5
Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 22.03.2020, 00:44
^
dredknight
📖
dredknight#9852
dredknight#9852
Re: MMH5.5 - Герои Меча и Магии 5.5

@Leonion you are correct. I do launched a small project to gather and fix campaign issues for MMH55 in general but unfortunately I don't have the time.

Regarding Heroes V popularity nowadays, based on the many interfaces we have I can say that is steadily growing.

It is just gamer communities has more or less moved towards new platforms /discord, streaming platforms, moddb etc../ so the forums as we know them look more and more vacant.

In discord there are 10 something people joining the channel on some days, which for me is very high for 15+ year old game. /

I have friend that is in the gaming industry and he says distributors like Ubisoft does not care about modders like us. They care only for the money part.

So as far as we do our thing we can enjoy long years of modding.

Also when it comes to game being hard to mod and add textures. Take what I say with a grain of salt because 2D/3D texture and design is something I am weak at but... to be able to do something consistently you must make it a process.

So what is the process when designing or importing units?

- Import the creature
- fix visuals
- do animations
- make a .pak file /single .pak file per creature, the pak file will consist of all required files that NCF unit needs to function/
- allow the user to run it in the game flawlessly

From what I see in your work, you got all the points solved just make them into a streamlined process.

The last hiccup which is - add the unit in the game and make it run smoothly was just solved by Marko /@thewaybackisthewayahead/ as you can see on the NCF units page. We are going to compact it into a patch for ToE and also import it in MMh55 to be available by default if all tests are successful.

Also as mentioned earlier I am keen on the idea to make a online market for free NCF unit library where everyone can contribute with his own units.
Users will download a dummy app which will get the list of available creatures and download them on demand /some updated version of NCF utility/.

Just make decision on process specifics and go all in :].
dredknight вне форума