Форум HeroesWorld-а - Показать сообщение отдельно - Heroes of Might & Magic mods for Civilization
Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 21.11.2020, 13:11
^
Blake00

📖
Восклицание
Heroes of Might & Magic mods for Civilization

(Apologies for English)

Hi guys,

Some of you may recognise me from Celestial Heavens and Heroes Community (same username) as I’m a huge Heroes of Might & Magic fan and have been an active member of those communities for years.

I recently received a email newsletter from the guys working on the HoMM3 inspired game Fanstratics (terrible name lol) thanking a list of HoMM forum communities for their support and I saw all these places I didn’t know about filled with huge Heroes fans like me! So I couldn’t resist signing up! I’m Australian and I know this is not an English forum so hopefully it’s okay for me to still join up and post about my HoMM mod project.

As a kid growing up in the 1990s playing endless hours of HoMM and Civilization, I always wanted some sort hybrid game that gave me the beautiful HoMM experience but in the Civ sandbox world. Games like Master of Magic and Age of Wonders 2 sort of granted that wish however nothing truly answered my dream until a few years ago when I discovered a Heroes of Might & Magic 3 mod for Civilization 3 made by a CivFinatics user named Tom2050.

https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/6/16914

He completely converted Civilization 3's UI, graphics, units, techs, factions etc to be in the Heroes of Might and Magic 3 universe. I've mucked around with a few Civ3 mods in my time and I've never seen so many elements changed so much. He even got HoMM3 unit upgrades in there too lol! Obviously being a Civ game there’s no zoomed in combat but his mod allows for some very fun situations eg being able to colonize/make new cities, farm the lands and expand all over huge worlds effectively carving out your own story. Basically a more sandboxy global HoMM3 haha!

Anyway I was so inspired by the awesomeness of his mod that I wanted to try and make a Heroes of Might & Magic 2 mod for Civilization 2 to compliment it, as while I'm useless at Civ3 modding I'm pretty good with Civ2 modding. I was still hesitant to try though as I knew it would be a big job. However then I hit the jackpot when I found someone by the name of Metropolis had already started my exact HoMM2 for Civ2 idea and had posted about it in a German Civ forum. I tracked him down and we started working together on finishing his vision with a bit of my vision mixed in with it. It's not going to be as amazing as that HoMM3 for Civ3 mod as that thing is friggin amazing lol and we're using an older Civ game but we'll do the best we can haha. We know that it's 20 years too late, no one will probably play it and people will wonder why we're wasting our time but we're having a ton of fun making it so meh, we're doing it anyway haha.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/civilizat...nd-magic-2-mod

Blake00 вне форума