Форум HeroesWorld-а - Показать сообщение отдельно - MMH5.5 - Герои Меча и Магии 5.5
Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 13.03.2020, 14:01
^
zahar0z

📖
Re: MMH5.5 - Герои Меча и Магии 5.5

Hello Dreadknight.
I can see you noticed that i'm making a little mod here
https://www.moddb.com/mods/zahar0z-h5mods

I want to ask you if you planing to use these resources in your 5.5. mod, when my mod will be ready? Or have you planing to use any other resources from my mods in your 5.5 project?
Because if you planing, I would really ask you to not simply grab and use them as alot of people do in their big mods. I have nothing personal against you or 5.5 mod. But I really feel like 5.5 becoming kinda "monopoly" for h5 modding nowardays, and I fear that H5 modding community might become even leser plesent place to stay. A Lot people believe that there is no other mods for H5 except 5.5, and other big mods. And a lot people believe that teams of such mods created every piece of content, themselves. While in reality many of such mods consist from borrowed stuff almous 90%. I'm not sure if there is alot borrowed resources in 5.5 mod. But if you plan to include any, please listen to what I have to say.

Since I want to build a little audience around my own projects too, i really don't want that all stuff that i worked on instantly become part of someone else's project.
Because, i hope you agree with me, it's impossible to evolve in community when everybody just steal everyone's resources. And that hurts everyone in the long run. Because 5.5 team are also interested in new mods, as I presume. And if big mods like 5.5 will allow other small modders to build a little audience around their own projects, in the long run, it would be benefitial for everyone, including, of cource, 5.5 mod.

Anyway, I have a proposal, and it is a good compromise to the current unhealthy situation in the mod community. If you want to use resources from my new project, you can simply create a compatibility patch, and provide a link to my original resource (modb page for example). Not simply copy all files to your mod page, like so many people does, but create a compatibility patch, and provide link to original mod page, so users can download resources from original page.

That way you still will be able to use resources from my projects, but you will also really help me to build a little audience around my own work.
And bigger auditory around my own projects, means only one thing for me - I will have a stimul to create more stuff. Which in return, for 5.5 means that there will be more resources, for big mods like 5.5 to use.

If you think about it you will see that this scheme I propose is more healthy and benefitial for everyone, in the long run. H5 modding community is small, and it's dying, let's atleast not make everything even worse, let's help each other.

Technical side of the this scheme can be discussed. For example, if some files from my mod, will not be compatible with H5.5. I can upload a "resource only" version of the mod for modders to use, and upload it on my mod page as well. This version as you can gues would include only tunned models, animations, creature's visual files etc. I will write paths to files of my tuned creatures, so it would be no need for you to datamine my mod in order to find where is what. That way it would be really easy for you to create official compatible patch for this "resource only" version. You just need to link what you want to change, to this tuned files.

I really want this scheme to become standard for community, not only for us two. Because when "independent" resource makers can make some audience for themselves, they have stimul to create more recources.
Now, most small moders, simply can't be found, comparing to big mods, that actualy use those small moder's work.
5.5 might not be much "guilty" in that type of behavior. But even in your case, people have troubles finding separately from your mod, resources that were originally separate smaller mods.

Also, by the way, I encourage you to not be afraid of any competition between us.) Because, let's face it, I, or any other small modmaker not able to possibly compete with H5.5. You can see it simply by compaling our follovers on moddb. 5.5 has 250 or something like that? my mod has 4(one of which you)), and this number will never change significantly, we both know it.)) I think, that the idea of someone small like me, will be a competitor to something big and well known as 5.5 is just laughable.

Some time ago you, asked me about joining your mod. I still don't want to become part of your team. But I just described a way we can indeed work together, and be beneficial to each other.
zahar0z вне форума